Tuesday, July 7, 2009

The 4th

The 4th of July was out of the ordinary for us, but we had a really good time. It started at the farm for some playing and grilling out. We typically go to the lake, but since we had chiggers a few weeks ago, we didn't want to risk it with the kids again. Here is a picture of the kiddos before they played outside. I didn't have my good camera with me, so Jess got a tone of good pictures but I don't really have any of the kids.

After the farm, we drove back to the cities to watch fireworks. Jacks had a hard time being patient before they started, but once the first "boom" went off, he was in heaven. He was the perfect age to watch them this year, so it was fun to spend the time with him. He even randomly started clapping when he liked the big ones!




We were on a steep hill, so we ended up laying on the ground and watching. Jacks cuddled up next to me - and this Mom was in heaven! For a little boy who HATES to cuddle, I loved the few minutes he liked it.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs