Monday, December 14, 2009

Baby Fin...Finally!

Here she is, blog world....Our newest addition, Finley Dana.


I know, she was three weeks old on Wednesday....so this is LOOONG overdue. I kept thinking I would blog quick, and then there would be a blowout, or the doorbell would ring, or I would decide I'd rather watch her sleep than get on the computer. And now, like 400 pictures later I feel like where do I even start to put them all up? So I won't....for now anyway. Maybe I'll make a slide show or something one of these days, but then there's Christmas cards.....and staring at her when she sleeps.....

I have gotten a ton of emails and questions, so I'll try to just answer what I can here....

Details, please...
Finley was born on Wednesday, November 25 at 12:18pm. It was the shortest labor ever (at least in my book). I was induced, and started the pitocin at only 9:00 in the morning, so three hours was short compared to the 19 hours I was in labor with Jacks. It was intense, but short none-the-less. She weighed 6 pounds 14 ounces...another little peanut in my book. She now weighs about 8 pounds three weeks later...and she's such a honey.

How did we come up with her name??
First of all, when I sent out a text to let everyone know she was born I said "She's Here! Finley Dana Hove...blah blah" I can't even tell you how many people thought I spelled FINALLY wrong and thought her name was Dana... FINLEY was a name I saw on a blog and I liked it right away. It took a little bit of convincing for Brad since Findley Ohio is a distribution center he deals with, he couldn't get that out of his head (clearly, since that's how he accidentally spelled her name on the birth certificate!) Her middle name, Dana, is the name of my sister who was killed when we were little...I'm so glad we decided to use her name, it has been such a great reminder of how great Dana was and how much she impacted our lives.

Were we thrilled it was a girl?
Shocker of the century...we knew what we were having. We found out right away and decided to keep it a secret. A secret I would NEVER suggest trying to keep from anyone. It was so difficult to keep it a surprise, and we were shocked at how many people ask if you know what you're having. I became a worse liar every time, and was dying to tell people, but I knew it would be more fun if the rest of the world was surprised (even though her girly girly nursery made it worth it for us to decorate!!)

How are we adjusting to life with two babes?
Things are going pretty well. The first week with Jacks home was interesting. Thank GOD my Mom was here to help us out (what would we do without her!?!?!??) We went through some pretty interesting days (like the morning he ripped off her belly button....the good thing is it was ready to come off anyway, she didn't even flinch). The week after, Jacks started a new daycare/preschool and has been adjusting quite well. It's nice that he has something new to talk about every day when he comes home, and Fin is becoming old news to him which is nice, but he still has to know where she is at all times, and has to give her a "kissy" before he does anything. Every day is getting better.

Has she been a good baby?
What a honey she's been...she is such a cuddler, and prefers to be held and cuddled more than anything. She has only had one really crabby day so far, and even though we're trying to get our days and nights figured out, I'm not worried about getting her on a schedule until after the holidays are over...
I'm not sure what else to say, everyone is doing great over here! Let me know what I left out...I'm sure there's something :)

Thanks for all of the visitors, and I'll try to get more pictures up sometime next week...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG the belly button, EEK! Love the update - have been waiting forEVER! So glad you are enjoying every moment :)

Marco Family said...

Absolutly breathtaking! She is adorable! Am I surprised....NO! Can't wait to meet the little peanut in January!!!

Jodee said...

Congratulations! I love, love, love her name!

Carissa said...

She is precious! I am so bummed we didn't get to meet up the other day. I want to see the Hove's soon!!!

P.S. I have been waiting for this post:)

Heidi Myhre said...

Seriously sooooo cute! I just love her!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs