Thursday, February 19, 2009

They Say it's Your Birthday

Tomorrow is a big birthday for two of the most important people in my life....

Jess is turning the big 3-0 tomorrow...and I can hardly believe it.

Here we are on her first day of school....

And in Mexico last year...
Jess doesn't make a big deal about her birthday, and if anyone deserves a special day, it's her...she's the best thing I could ask for, really.  She helps me through everything and lately she's been so busy I've finally for the first time been able to finally be her crutch instead!  What a change - but I love it.
The reason she says she has given up her birthday - 5 years ago tomorrow, on her 25th birthday - Little Man Tate was born.  He is my Godson, and the sweetest little thing.  He was the first baby I ever saw born, and the main reason I had to move home from Chicago.  He makes me laugh every time I see him, and gets my sense of humor even at 5...what can be better than that??
When I moved home from Chicago - I lived with Eric, Jess, and Tate...and we became best friends :)

Now he's turning 5, and I'm glad he still likes me...we'll see what this post is like when he's 15, and if he still thinks I'm still cool.  Oh yeah - and how many wrinkles Jess has by then too :)  JK!


Happy Birthday Jess and Tate!!!

5 comments:

Heidi Myhre said...

Rachel -
You are so cute and clever I can't even stand it. :)

Carissa said...

What a sweet message for your sis! I bet she loved the kind words.

Jess said...

Oh Rach. I love you. So does Tate. You are the best. Thanks for always making me sound better than I really am. And thanks for all the help lately, too!

Rach said...

RACH!!! (if I may call you that, hee hee)...your post just melted my heart. Jess sent me over to read it and I was crying like a baby. Then I made myself read it again and cried even harder. You peterson girls are SO lucky to have each other, it makes me smile. This was the sweetest thing I have ever read and if one of my sisters EVER wrote this about me I would embroider it on a pillow! :) I CAN'T WAIT TO MEET you hopefully in July.... :)

xo, Rach the II. (yep, I'll give you the I. ALTHOUGH, I WAS born first...just sayin'...) :)

Marco Family said...

You are lucky to have such wonderful people in your life! I can't believe Tate is 5, I remember you coming to the Haze to brag about your little nephew! That seems like ages ago!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs