Thursday, September 23, 2010

a sad day in the hoverson home

What a dramatic title, right? Well, it was definitely traumatic that's for sure.

My beloved sandals. Oh - these sandals. I bought them when I lived in Chicago for a trip to Vegas...and I have worn them at LEAST once a week since.

OK - I know what all of my girlfriends are thinking..."Once a WEEK!?" but remember, there are long winter months in Minnesota...

These were the only shoes that fit me when I was pregnant with Jacks, and even they made my melons with toes have indents. The soles were FLAT. Like there was no sole left in them.

One day a few weeks ago, Beckett was playing with them and I said "Beckers, those are on their last leg, please don't break them". He thought it would be funny to pull harder. Jess pulled them away from him and said "Really, Beckett - those are not to be broken".

Then one day, as I was walking to get the mail...they popped. Boo hoo.

My beloveds...may they rest well in the trash.




Things I have since learned...
*Have a backup pair of flip flops...I suddenly find myself in a Minnesota fall season with no chance to replace them until spring.
*Man, I needed a pedicure that day, do NOT take pictures of my feet without one.
*I may have a sick fascination with pretty shoes, but this was the best $14.00 I had ever spent. What's my cost per wear on that one, Stacy London??

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahahahaha. I'm sorry. But I giggled out loud.

Anonymous said...

and I'm sorry my name is so weird. It's because I had to make a blog for class.

Carissa said...

I am sad for you! That was one great buy! I wish I could find a pair of good ole shoes like that!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs