Tuesday, November 23, 2010

{i have no words}

The other day, Brad called me in the morning in stitches. He could not stop laughing.
When he could finally take a breath, he only said "When you get to school today, you HAVE to look at what is on the wall outside Jack's classroom."

{Great, this sounds interesting}

We were going to surprise Jacks by taking him to the cafeteria for lunch. That's a big deal in pre-school land.

So I came with camera in tow knowing it was going to be a good one...and this is what I found.

A nice wall with "How do you cook a Thanksgiving turkey".

The kids had some pretty cute and funny responses...and then my eyes find my sweet little boy....

Yep - you are reading this right...

Well, Jacks...I have news for you. Your Mom DOES cook. And your Mom used to like to cook. Until every time I cook something that takes a long time and I get really excited for, you look at me and ask for a cold hot dog. And on occasion you go to bed hungry, because I'm sorry, I'm not going to take the time and pride to cook something in order for you to snack on a cold hot dog.

In all seriousness, I cracked up just hearing him say it. Because currently all sentences end with "you know...."

On top of it, he has just figured out that things like TURKEY and CHICKEN actually started out as animals....so just when he was beginning to eat meat...{sigh}. Little does he know where hot dogs come from.....

1 comment:

Jodee said...

Oh my goodness! What a hoot! My kids would have written the same thing, except it's completely accurate at our house. I don't cook whatsoever! I am blessed with a husband who loves to cook!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs