Tuesday, April 12, 2011

sunday funday

So, the term Sunday Funday used to mean something totally different - like laying around all day, or spending the day at Blue Bricks!?

Well, it has changed, but I have to admit, they're much more fun now.

The kids and I had a full day...church, park, baseball at home, nap for the Finster, and a playdate for Jacks.

I had my camera in the car, so I grabbed it and shot a few at the park.

Let me say, the day started out with Jacks insisting he wear a long sleeved shirt under his track jacket.  I warned him it was going to get hot, but he didn't quite get it until about 30 seconds into the park....then he was all "MOM, I AM SOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOT.  Really, Jack...I had no idea.



Fin on the other hand, is obsessed with accessories (I have no idea where she could have gotten that from).
She insists on having necklaces and "pretties" on at all times.  Pretties are cute shoes. Seriously.
Saturday night my family witnessed her asking to put them on over her pajamas.  Obsessed I tell you.

The one thing this girl does NOT care for....walking on un-steady ground.  This includes wood chips, grass, hills, our deck, and the see-through stuff at the park.  She walks about .5 steps a minute.
Sometimes I swear she and Jack couldn't be more different.






As soon as we got home and put Fin to sleep, Jacks had his clothes changed into shorts and a tee.
Ready for baseball... in GREEN GRASS!!! Woop Woop!
He even told me I am the best pitcher in the world.  Man, he's a good self-esteem booster.


Brad was excited, it was the first Twins game for he and my Dad.
I'm sure he was just as thrilled I told him he had better take a picture for my blog :)



And to end our day...I have to remind myself every day that summer makes living in MN worth it.

This is Jacks at 6:00pm while we were grilling. 


Yes, that is a winter jacket.  And I should have taken a picture of the thermometer as well....
Because what was at a peak of 76 degrees within about 20 minutes turned into 45.  But felt like 20 with the wind...
Grrrrr to you again, Mother Nature.  Why do you not want to just STAY WARM!?

1 comment:

Carissa said...

What a fun day! Love Fin's little pretties:)

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs