Tuesday, January 31, 2012

day dreaming {at night}

So, my nights have been filled with lots of daydreaming of lots of things.
I mean, when you can't sleep, what else is there to do!?

So yesterday was a rough day. I was grumpy, I had a headache, my back hurt. You know...all good things.
I have to start by saying I am so thankful to have this little nugget inside of me.
She was prayed for and planned for, and I know I shouldn't complain...but everyone has one of those days every once in a while, right??

So last night, I dreamt of things that 10, even 7 years ago, I never thought I would find myself wishing for.
Wearing a belt
Buttoning jeans
Mindlessly looking through emails from my favorite stores instead of deleting them with frustration before even taking a peek
Being able to see my feet
Walking UNlike a penguin

I also have so many things I was thankful for.
Fin slept in her big girl bed last night. ALL night. No getting out of bed. No tears.
She's a champ, that little lady.
And I'm going to try not to jinx myself, but she's also potty traineding. Seriously, a champ.
She also made my day yesterday by insisting we flip through the Anthropologie catalog about six times before she let me set it down.

And then there's Jacks...
He's so smart and funny. Sometimes I forget those things because he moves too fast for me to hear what he says, but oh how I love him.  He has now changed baby's name to Lady Gaga Underpants. I mean, how can you not love a 5 year old boy? A boy who just could NOT sleep last night because he was so excited to ride on his first bus ride today. His favorite new activity - laying his head on my belly to see how hard the baby will kick him. He says she's just getting ready for when they have wrestling matches...

And don't get me started with Brad. 
Bless his soul, he lives with a tired and crabby lady, and still manages to make sure I feel OK. He's one busy man, but he's one good man.

I am in NO hurry for my nugget to join us, although my ribs might be feeling differently.
We're finally going to get Finley completely out of her nursery this weekend, clothes and all.
Then the fun part - filling it back up with little bitty baby lady things.

And I didn't even have to buy a second crib.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Great blog Rach! You have a wonderful family!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs