Tuesday, January 17, 2012

my grandpa

I am pretty sure I've mentioned before how much I love this man:
This is my Grandpa, and I {and all of his grandkids} pretty much adore him.

And on Thursday, I got to be there with him when it was his time to go to heaven.

Although it breaks my heart, we all know he is enjoying himself again, not struggling...fishing, hunting, and telling stories with Dana.

This past weekend was spent full of laughter and tears, celebrating the life with the family he and my Grandma made together.
From him I got my sweet tooth and love of Diet Mt. Dew, but unfortunately not his gorgeous dark skin.


Me and my Grandpa, taken this Christmas.

He was a talented, generous, hilarious, witty, and proud Grandpa who would do just about anything for us.
We miss you so much already, but we know you're in a better place.
We love you, Grandpa.

2 comments:

Erica Wirtz said...

So sorry to hear about your loss Rachel. Sending lots of love and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time.

Carissa said...

What great memories you have of your grandpa! I have been thinking about your family. Love you!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs