Monday, October 6, 2008

Goodbye Crib - Hello Big Boy Bed!

Last Thursday night, Jack crawled out of his crib 38 times...so 38 times Brad and I took turns putting him back in. Friday it was decided that the crib had to go. If he was going to crawl out that many times anyway, why not make it easier to get in and out? I know what you're thinking, why didn't we move him when he started crawling out of his crib?? Because he was 11 months old, that's why!

So - Saturday morning, Brad and Jack took down the crib.

Waving Good-Bye to the crib!
"Where'd the mattress go??"

No, jack - this is not your new play spot!
Putting up the Big Boy Bed!

Brad kept looking at me, with my teary eyes asking if I was OK (Thank God he didn't take any pictures!) It's just my first baby is getting so old...I couldn't get over it!

Finally we got him into bed, let him know he had to stay in his room, and after a little bit of convincing, he stayed in. An hour later, we wanted to see where he fell asleep, so I tried to open the door. When I couldn't get it open, this is what I saw...

He had carried "Pingy" (his name for his blanky) and Puppy to the door, and decided to sleep there. I snuck in and took this one from inside his room.



I picked him up and put him in his bed...and there he slept until 5:15.



Last night, he fell asleep in his bed, so hopefully he's gotten more used to it :)

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs