Friday, March 5, 2010

A House of Sickies

I think we're over it (did I just jinx myself??) I think everyone is going to be healthy for a while...
Two weeks ago, Jacks came down with a terrible virus. If you know Jack, you know he is ENERGETIC. Yes, that's what we'll call him...energetic. On the last two days of my maternity leave, he was so sick he couldn't even get off the couch. When I took him to the doctor he even said "Mom, can the doctor come out to the car instead of walking in to see him??" Definitely not the Jackson I know. It wasn't strep, just a really bad sore throat, soaring fever and cough...
Cut to a week later, and little Finny wasn't far behind. When I could feel her breathing in her chest, I knew it was time to take her in. This is the picture Brad took of us at the doc while we took her oxygen levels and had her nebbed...
My poor babe had RSV. Jacks got it when he was about the same age, only his was coupled with pneumonia, so I felt lucky to only have RSV this time. You hear the horror stories of babies spending weeks in the hospital or having to be airlifted to Children's because they can't breathe...so we really were fortunate for just a terrible cough. She's finally over it...feeling better and acting like herself again!
Let's just hope we can make it to Spring with no more sickies in our house.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs