Sunday, March 21, 2010

Target Field

Today Jack and I took a guys trip to Target Field. We had two tickets from our season tickets, so I figured what better way to spend some quality time with Jack then at the new park. We had no agenda other than to see the ballpark, so I let Jack go everywhere! I think we literally walked through each section of the ballpark. We did spend a few minutes in our actual seats (which have a great view!), but most of the time was walking through the upper levels seats. Jack really like the highest possible seats! Sorry for the lack of quality pictures. It's no shock that I am not the family photographer. I'll get better one's during the season.

Words do not do this field justice, it was amazing to see how open things are. I can't tell you how many pitches/runs I've missed over the last twenty years, but I know it will be much easier to keep an eye on the game now. The concourse is so open. The days of going through a small double door to see the field is over. No matter where you are, there's the field.

Here is our section. We are literally 50 feet from the exit/light rail station and 20 from our new concession stand. They seemed to have everything needed for nine innings!



Here is a picture of the Metropolitan club. His is a restaurant and bar for season ticket holders only. The entire side of the place had windows overlooking right field.



This is a picture of the plaza overlooking right field. One cool thing about the field was there seemed to be a concession/beer stand within 20 feed of each entrance! This will be a nice feature in the middle of summer when you need a fresh cold one (or possibly April 3 when we need a hot chocolate).


This is about hour four into our day. I made Jack lean on me during the ride home. I knew that he was exhausted and he went from talking away to being perfectly quiet in about two minutes.


What a great day! I hope everyone gets a chance to make it to Target Field this year. The Twins should have another great year and the ballpark has so much to character -- it's a must see!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs