Wednesday, June 23, 2010

the surrogate family

Our little gal is six months old. OK, so she's seven months old on Friday {yikes}.

Katharine, my favorite photog met us at the Arboretum in Chaska. We used to frequent about once a month when we lived there, but since moving last year we haven't been back! It was due time...and OH, back to Katharine...have you seen her blog? She's great. And the fact that she's a girl that can help kick back a raspberry flirtini and make you giggle your way through happy hour? That's just an added bonus!

I LOVE how the pictures turned out...now if I could only decide which ones to order {I think I flip through the proofs at least twice daily.}

Here's my little squatter. In my opinion, she's so pretty...but I may be bias??



And this look? The one that I'm SURE to get every day when she's a teenager?
I'm pretty sure my Mom saw the warning signs with me, too...I'm pretty much doomed.

I love how her pettiskirt swallows her up. In complete girliness. Even if she doesn't know if yet, she wouldn't have it any other way!

Then it was time for us all to take turns with the princess. First up was Pete
{who when watching me write this said...
"Don't forget to put I love you, Fin on there!"}
{Do you hear that? It's my heart melting}

Fin and Mama, trying to beg for a smile

And there's something about a Daddy and his all girlied-up girl that makes me smile. Especially when it's these two baldies!



Oh yeah, and have I mentioned my surrogate family? The children that I didn't have to actually give birth to, but pretend that they're my own? Because I loooooooove these kids so much I can't stand it. So it's totally appropriate that even though we were only trying to get a good picture of all of the grandkids, that Brad and I would get one of the {surrogate family} as well!!

The kids were being so goofy...but that's what was so funny. They're all just each of their own adorable little selves, and just because a camera comes doesn't mean the nice smiles do!!


5 comments:

Heidi Myhre said...

Beautiful!!!!! You have such a beautiful family. And you are totally right, Fin is sooooo pretty. I love the new blog too :)

Unknown said...

Your new blog is AWESOME! Holy moly, I love it!

I'm so impressed that you can keep on this. I start stuff like this and then it all fizzles into nothing. Very sad.

Beautiful kids. Beautiful you and Brad. Beautiful surrogate children. Just lovely all around.

Unknown said...

Hi Rachel! I stumbled upon your blog (I think I saw something about it on FB and checked it out), VERY CUTE!!! Your family is ADORABLE! I love the pics you just got taken, in fact I did click on the link to the photographer's website and contacted her. I think Jennifer Johnson might have used her before too?? Anyway, thanks for sharing! So cute!

Carissa said...

Cute pics of Fin! And the rest of the family too of course!!

Carissa said...

Cute pics of Fin! And the rest of the family too of course!!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs