Tuesday, December 7, 2010

tubes

First, a quick update on the Finster.
Yes, she is a year old, although you would never know, she is such a peanut.
She's grown to a whopping 18 pounds, and is now in the 13th percentile. Her pediatrician said since she has been walking for so long to turn her around in her car seat, so Sunday was the first day we did. I love the look on babies' faces when they are finally facing the world in the car. It's like the world changed right before her eyes.
She says a few words, which has made life easier! Obviously Mama, Dada, Jack {Dack}, Up, More, Gone, Pup, Buh Bye {Buhhhhh buh}, and Milk {Muck}.
Mom says Hallelujah. Doesn't it make life so much easier when they can tell you what they want!?
Last week, she had tubes put in her ears. She had only had four ear infections, but it was in all reality one infection that would just never go away. Since Jacks had so many issues, and had tubes at 7 months, I knew it was going to be so much better after and we decided to just go for it.
She was a trooper. Yes, I'm that Mom that brought my camera to the hospital. After Jack had his, I said I wished I had taken a picture of him in his cute little gown, and I really wanted to remember even these days of when they're little.
Here's the peanut right before they took her away
{side note - another thing I learned after the first time, do NOT go back to the room when they put the baby under}
I mean, come on...the gown is killer cute.


And here she is when she woke up...the poor thing was hysterical from the anesthesia.

Look at that red face! She looks like her Mama does after a few glasses of wine :(

And about 5 minutes later, a glass of juice and a couple of crackers, she was back to her funny little self.

Again, I know...mean Mom with the camera, but I promise she'll want to see these some day.

1 comment:

Carissa said...

she looks adorable in her gown! Hopefully she will feel better with the tubes too!

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs