Monday, January 10, 2011

jingle bells

FINALLY some catch-up posts.  The longer I put these off the harder it was to think about putting them up.  And the more and more photos that ended up on my computer.  Holy overwhelming.  So here goes, these will be either short and sweet or super long-winded.  I'm not sure which quite yet :)

Christmas Eve is always SUPER busy for us.  We start the morning in Mankato with the Reiter side of the family.

This year we actually got a photo all together!  It is very rare that everyone is in the same room, which made it even more exciting.

{l-r: Brad, Jacks, Rach, Brad's brother Tony, Finster, Grandma Gail, Grandpa Arnie, Grandma Deb, Grandpa Scott, Brad's sister Nicky, and her fiance Eric}

From Mankato, we head straight to Hector for church.  Growing up, Christmas Eve service was always one of my favorites.  I love that it's getting dark out, Christmas music, the whole deal.  The issue is, with little ones who have just spent over an hour in the car, the LAST thing my littles want to do is sit still during church.  So typically either Brad or I send it in the church basement.  This year, it was our whole family.  Sitting in the basement, listening to beautiful Christmas music.  SOME DAY we will sit through that service.  The whole thing.  Some day. {Sigh...}

When we got back to the farm, we have a nice dinner and take family pictures.
I was shocked that we got this one from my little fam:
Because they typically end up looking more like this {or is this just how pictures FEEL these days??}:

With a crew as large as the Peterson clan, getting a family photo is getting harder and harder, but we really enjoy looking at them and seeing the funnies that ensue.  Kasey's boyfriend Brady took them this year instead of a tri-pod, so the entertainment was at least good!

Two of my favorite parts of this picture:
The fact that Jacks has his feet OVER Tate's shoulders, and of course his socks are gone.
My large-in-charge hairdo is officially covering my Mom's bottom half of her face.

I have about two hundred more pictures, but I will spare you the small details.  I hope you had a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS, yo.

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs