Monday, March 14, 2011

california - day four

Here we are, the last day of our trip, Wah.
Although I was SO anxious to see our kids, I was not looking forward to leaving the amazing weather.

We spent the day trolling around the streets of San Diego.


 I'm not sure why, but I was so obsessed with this old building, and especially this window.


After a huge breakfast, we went to Coronado Island...
We rented bikes and rode around the island.  It was so much fun, and made me long for summer when we can ride with the kiddos again.
{I will NOT have a basket however}

Back to the mainland for a late lunch on the street...
And then desert.  Scrumptious.
After a LOOOOOONG nap,
{yep, we decided that since a nap is a foreign language for us, we wanted to stop sight-seeing and take a nap. It was such a perfect decision.}
we got ready for an over-the-top dinner.

 
Overlooking the gorgeous ocean, and some wonderful seafood.
 OK, and add champagne to my martini, and this gal is giddy.
Our adorable server brought us this delish desert when we were finished.  
So yes, if you're counting, that's TWO deserts for the day.
{Uh hemmm....I can't figure out why I gained four pounds on the trip.}

And on to our last stop.
We had heard from a few different people that we couldn't miss going to Vin de Syrah on our trip.

It is the most adorable little wine parlor, all Alice in Wonderland themed.

This is the front entrance...

Since it was a Sunday night, it was fairly empty, which we loved...but there was one exception.
The most entertaining group of women I have ever met, having a Mad Hatter party.
They invited me in, and if I lived in SD, I'm fairly certain we would become quick friends.

They were also quick to offer to take pictures of Brad and I...

When we got back to the hotel, we snapped this quick on our way in.
It had just started raining, and didn't stop until our plane left the next morning.
 It was the perfect end to a perfect trip - definitely making us want to be home even more.

{If you want to read what the kids were up to at the Newmans' house....you can check it out here.}

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs