Wednesday, June 29, 2011

proving what i knew all along

So, once again so much to blog about....we've been busy with some really fun things, but do you ever feel like you've taken so many pictures that you don't know where to start?  'Cause that's where I'm at.  Too many pictures, too little time.

I do however have one. We've had some interesting days as of late.
Long days, long nights, lots of reflection, prayers, and appointments are ahead of us.
Longing for answers, searching for support.
A little man who has the sweetest heart that sometimes struggles to show.

On one particularly hard day, Jacks came to me and said "Mama, close your eyes...I have something to show you."
Typically, these are NOT the words I long to hear.  A spilled glass of milk, all of the tin foil unravelled into a space ship, Finley diaperless with pee underneath her. You know, the usual.

But not this day.
On this occasion, when I opened my eyes, I saw this angel drawn on the driveway.


To most, this may not seem like a big deal, but to this Mom, it was huge.
Number one - Jacks does not like fine motor things.  Drawing, coloring, writing. It's like pulling teeth.
What makes it better!?  The following statement...

"Mama, I know you're having a hard day, so I thought I could draw your sister, Dana, to talk to."

Yes. Seriously. That happened.
See, we've also been talking a lot in our house about the power of prayer.
Talking to Jesus, talking to God, and how I sometimes even talk to Dana.

Made.My.Day.
It may have even made my week. Or month.

Because even on hard days, even when I don't think he understands how much we love him and want to help him to feel better, 
he shows us that God is in his heart, just like I knew all along.
 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs