Friday, November 18, 2011

fall fun

So, there are a few obligatory things to do each fall in MN.
One: carving pumpkins.

I'm not going to lie. The kids lose interest really quickly, and Brad ends up doing most of the work, but there's nothing like seeing your kids eyes light up as bright as the pumpkins when it gets dark and they see their creations for the first time.


This is quite possibly my most favorite picture of Fin as of late. No, she's not looking exceedingly adorable or anything, but THIS is the face we see from her during almost every conversation.
Everything ends with a "K??" from her. It is quite cute. She cocks her head to the side and makes sure you're in on her scheme.
"Mommy help me with the puzzle.....K??"
"I'mma go wake Jack up....K??"
"I'm going to put my baby in the toilet for a bath, K??"
And since the "K" is in such a high voice, you have to just laugh every time. EVERY.TIME.

And why does this pumpkin piece look like cantaloupe right here?  Lord help me if she tried to eat it.

A couple of weeks earlier, we went on a hayride for church. Props to Jess who actually took some pictures. I had my camera in my hand the entire time, but since my mouth was up to my face trying to hold in the vomit {sorry, I should have prefaced with a disclaimer} I think I took three pictures total. And one was on Jess' camera. FAIL.



I'm not sure if this picture was taken during Fin's first or second hot dog, but BOTH of my kids kept slipping their dogs out of their buns onto the dirt and horse-poop filled ground. NOT okay. At least they didn't try to eat them after they fell.
Speaking of the ground though, it does bring me to one of my favorite stories of the fall.
Jacks had just dropped hot dog number two on the ground.  He asked for another one, so I told him he had to find a place to SIT and eat it instead of running around, and he agreed. Brad has just roasted another one to give to him when Jack was walking to his chosen spot.  As he was walking there, the TOP of his bun fell and we were laughing about it. Just as he turned around, he stepped in a HUGE pile of horse poop. No sooner as he was yelling "Ahhhh, HORSE POOP", but his third hot dog rolled right out of his half-bun. He immediately threw it yelling "Ahhhh, STOOOOOPID!". And while this is NOT a word that is allowed in our house, Jess and I thought we were going to split a gut laughing. If there is ever an appropriate time for the word, it was then. Horse poop on your shoes and no hot dog to show for it, I would have thought it was pretty stupid too.




No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs