Thursday, December 18, 2008

Oh Baby!!

So - as most of you know, I'm a little bit baby crazy right now (and so it Jacks, by the way...he keeps asking for a baby sister!) Well - to my delight, two of my best girlfriends had their babies this past week!

Ashley (my best friend from High School) had her little miracle baby last Thursday, December 11. After a bit of a scary pregnancy, and being on bed rest for FAR too long, Shay Lynn Barden came only six weeks early. She weighed a little over 4 lb (I'll update when I get the exact details...I didn't write them down since I was driving to work when they called!!).
OK - I just heard from Ash. 4 lb. 12 oz and 18 inches long!

I vowed to wait until they were finally home from the hospital to visit them, but after seeing these pictures, I e-mailed them right away to see when it would work to make a trip to Mankato :) They will be in the hospital a bit longer than they initially thought, but she's doing really well.

This past Sunday, December 14, we got the word from Gina, one of my best friends from college (well - it was actually her husband and a massive text message). She had her little baby boy, Donovan Scott Marco. He was a bit of a boy for such a little Mama, weighing 7 lb. 11 oz. and 19 3/4 long. Gina was a little bit different than Ashley, in hoping she would have the baby early, and her wish came true.

With almost 2 weeks to go, he made his debut a bit early - perfect for Christmas. He had a little bit of trouble breathing, and a tiny infection (the hand contraption is an IV for his antibiotics) but came home yesterday and is doing really well. Two other girlfriends and myself are going to take a trip to Milwaukee in early January to visit the newest addition to our "family".

We love you both, and can't wait to meet (and hold...and smell...and squeeze) your new little bundles of joy!! CONGRATULATIONS!

No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs