Saturday, December 20, 2008

'Tis the season to be baking

Jack and I had been talking about doing some baking for quite a while, so we finally decided to get our acts together and do it.  I for one did not think it would take THREE days / nights to finish!!

We wanted to get banana bread baked before Darcy and Joel came over Sunday afternoon.


Tuesday night it was cookie making time.  He liked this much more than the banana bread.
Cutting out his own cookies.
I really tried to let him do everything on his own, which is why some of the dough was half-eaten, and I don't think ANY of the shapes are exactly how they should be!
A little fingerprint here or there never hurt anyone, right???  We washed his hands!
I thought we would get the cookies finished Tuesday night, but after I was checking the cookies, and there was an incident with our office and a Sharpie (compliments of Jacks) we quit for the night.

Thursday came and it was time to frost.

This time...I was well-prepared :)
And the finished product.  Don't they look like tasty blobs??  Ha.  They're so ugly, but so adorable in my mind, knowing the Jack really did do them to his own little perfection.
He was so wiped out when we were done, that he asked if I would make him a little bed in the living room while they dried...he didn't quite make it to taste one!


No comments:

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs