Monday, May 9, 2011

the big three-OH! in pictures

Thursday was the day.
Cinco de Mayo for most, a big birthday for me.

Since I {finally} got a new phone, I thought I'd document the day.

I woke up to the smell of bacon...mmmmmmm, bacon.
My hell-of-a-good husband set his alarm bright and early to have it ready for me.
 I do believe this little guy was just as excited as I was. He loves him a good breakfast.
Little Miss decided to make an appearance as well... 
 After a quick shower, it was off to "Tea with Mommy" for Mother's Day at pre-school.
Jacks was adorable, pushing in my chair for me, holding the door open, pouring my "tea" {aka sparkling juice...yum} and delivering cookies.
On my way in to the office, I stopped for a treat of my own.
Carmel Frappucino.  Full Fat.  And yes, I'll have the whip cream.
It's my birthday.
Holy delicioso.
 Uh huh.  I enjoyed every delicious calorie that came with it.
Out with the work fellas.  And a round of Patron to mark the occasion.
I left with a new tee shirt, they all left with Jose Cuervo mustaches.
I call that a successful meeting.
After work, a quick trip to the sure-fire "one stop shop" to spend my birthday money.
Success again.
Then time for a MUCH needed pedicure.
Picked up the little people, and headed to the Newman house.
We even were serenaded with a little pre-dinner entertainment.
 And had a round of tacos, compliments of Jess...
And don't forget the cake!!
Red velvet.....my fav.
I tried on said tee shirt from earlier in the day....
And accompanied it with a glass of wine.
Then it was off to softball for Brad, and mucho play time outside for me and the kiddos.
 Sidewalk chalk covering our clothes, a good long bath for the kids, lots of birthday hugs and kisses and bedtime stories later, it was time for this gal to cuddle up with a good book and call it a night.

Of course a moment to thank God for the wonderful people I have in my life, and to realize how truly blessed I am.

Happy Birthday to me.
{It may be the last one I ever count}

1 comment:

Carissa said...

Looks like you had an amazing 30th birthday! Can't wait to celebrate with you sometime soon:)

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs