Monday, October 5, 2009

33 Weeks

Here I am...33 weeks preggo. It has been an interesting few weeks, but I'm still for the most part feeling great. I'm going out of order on my posts, but I thought a pregnancy update was due.

A ton of people have asked about my liver, so I should probably update on that! I had an ultrasound and a bunch of blood work done, but all seems to be OK. My liver is enlarged, partly because of the way my uterus is tilted and how the baby is putting pressure on it, but we're keeping a close watch on it just to make sure. Starting at my next appointment, we're going to start doing stress tests on baby, partly because of my liver, and partly because of the issues we discovered with Jacks when he was born...just to make sure nothing like that happens again.

I took my last trip for work last week. I felt great on the way there. We had a boat cruise off of Navy Pier, and the boat was swaying back and forth pretty steadily, so I ended up getting sick at the end (and Hope - I know you're reading this, and NO I was NOT going to tell you that!) I have to admit I was excited to have a night alone of sleeping. No 3 year old jumping in my bed or a snoring husband (sorry, honey) but alas - I realized I keep myself awake as much as they do. I think I was up 4 times even without them there! The flight home got long since we had to circle Eau Claire a few times before being able to land, but a flight attendant was gracious enough to tell me I didn't have to put my seat into the upright position. She said she was a Mom of 5, and she thought I could use a little extra "belly room". BLESS HER SOUL.

I am getting really tired, but believe me, I know it comes with the territory. I rarely get sick still, and when I do I almost immediately feel better. I'm a little nervous about Brad leaving for two weeks (yes, he will be half way around the world) but I am really excited about the fact that I get to spend so much one-on-one time with my little man before the baby comes. It is starting to hit me that the world won't revolve around only Jack and his appointments anymore, so I'm grateful we can have some much needed "Jack and Mommy" time, as exhausting as he's going to be. :)

Only 7 weeks to go....but let's be honest, it will more than likely be 8.5 weeks! :)

3 comments:

Jodee said...

You look fabulous! Hang in there!

Carissa said...

You look amazing in your pic! I can't believe you are so close already! Wow...how time flies!

hlynnhartman said...

Rach - I am SO SORRY that you got sick after the boat event!! :(

You were such a trooper to come out and help with the event and I really needed the help and the moral support. ;) I owe you big time!

Hope that is the last getting sick of this pregnancy and thank you, thank you, thank you again for making the trip. You are incredible!

p.s. you look fantastic!!

Hope

 
Blog Design By Penny Lane Designs